BryceTech Releases 3Q22 Industry Snapshot28th Oct 2022
Did you know that over 90% of the spacecraft launched in Q3 of 2022 are owned and operated by commercial companies? This is just one of the interesting statistics symbolizing a changing industry in 2022. BryceTech publishes a report on these gems on a quarterly basis. The latest one came out on 26th October.
What Is The Bryce Briefing?
This is a quarterly report from BryceTech, a company with a focus on data analytics for numerous industries, including the space economy. The briefing itself focuses on satellite data and updates and the global launch industry, with interesting stats about which satellites have been launched, the service provider, and the class of the satellites.
The first Bryce Briefing was released in 2020, with quarterly reports following since and showing plenty of interesting analytical information in a much-changing industry.
Interesting Takeaways From The BryceTech Briefing For Q3
The Briefing is always good for an overview of the state of the industry. For the third three-month period of 2022, the following takeaways were among the most insightful:
- The data shows that 23 launches were conducted by U.S. providers, with 20 orbital launches from the Chinese providers.
- 90% of spacecraft launched in Q2 were operated by commercial companies.
- In Q3, SpaceX launched 705 spacecraft. Not only is this the most of any launch provider, it is more than 16 times the second most prolific launchers, Rocket Lab and China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASC).
- 87% of the spacecraft launched in this quarter were communications satellites.ten
- China and the USA were the locations for the majority of orbital launches.
The Bryce Briefing does a great job of condensing the information into a simple and straightforward format. To check out the whole report from Q3, head to the BryceTech website where you can see the current briefing as well as previous briefings.